Thursday, December 16, 2010

wonderful winterland weekend of woo

My dear friends,

It's official. The quarter is over and Kristin is moving out! I'm so sad. To send her off into the real world in style, we had a girls trip to Lake Tahoe.

Before driving all the way to the lake, we stopped for a night at Kristin's house in Jackson. My goodness, her family has a beautiful house and a GIANT piece of property. When we arrived, it was already dark so I didn't get to see just how gorgeous the view from Kristin's window was until the morning.

Here are her two dogs, Ginger and Dakota. They're adorable.

We hung out with Kristin's parents in the morning for a bit then hit the road.

Kristin stopped once there was a ton of snow so I could play in it for a minute. I don't think I've ever seen so much snow in my life.

The ladies:


We got to Tahoe in about an hour or so and found out that our fancy-schmancy hotel room in Harrah's had TWO BATHROOMS! WITH TVS! High-class living, I'm telling you.


Ashley took us to a little wine bar down the road from Harrah's called Apres. It was adorable and delicious. Yes, I drank all of that Chardonnay by myself.


It was VERY snowy outside, and since there's nothing to do in the snow but gamble and eat, we had midnight snacks at the Hard Rock in Harvey's. I loved the "pray for snow" sign in the Hard Rock.


The next morning, we woke up to a huge snow storm! I've never been outside when it was snowing, so I was loving it. We mostly stayed inside though to keep dry. For those of you who haven't seen Megamind, you should. Fantastic movie.

Here's where we would've gone ice skating if it wasn't so snowy.


Lunch back at the Hard Rock. We hung out in our hotel room and watched Eat, Pray, Love. Wasn't impressed.


Then we took a drive in the snow. This is me excited about how much snow there is. I know- I don't have a coat on. I'm an idiot. It was very cold.


After margaritas and dinner at Chevy's, we came back to the hotel and I made the girls get bundled up so we could play outside in the snow.


Out playing only lasted about 20 minutes, but we had fun throwing snowballs, making snow angels and sliding around.


Here's the view from our window the morning after the snow storm. Beautiful.


We left early the next morning so I had to quickly take a few shots of how gorgeous it was outside. The pictures don't do Lake Tahoe after a snow storm any justice.




I'm ready to go back to the snow.

xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment